LAST UPDATED ON: 15 MARCH 2020
Hammock Solutions Limited Privacy Notice
Welcome to Hammock!
1. About us
Our Services are operated by Hammock Limited ("Hammock", "us", "we", or "our"). Hammock is a limited company registered in England & Wales with company number 12218101, and with its registered office at 14 Grays Inn Rd, Holborn, London WC1X 8HN
. Hammock is the data controller of any data you provide to us via our Services. You can contact us about any queries you have regarding this privacy notice at either our postal address above, or at email@example.com
2.The information we collect and how we use it
'Personal data' means any data which can be associated with you as an individual, either directly or indirectly. We collect different information depending on how you use the Services and how you interact with us. The personal data we collect via the Services may include:
• Your Personal Information("PI") - Personal Information is the information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data, or from the data and other information that we have, or is likely to have access to. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
• Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services and your usage details.
We collect this information:
• directly from you when you provide it to us; and/or
• automatically as you navigate through our Services (information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies).
a. The information you provide to us and the data that we collect
• Information you give us: You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the App, the Site or the App Site, or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail or chat). This includes information you provide when you register to use the App Site, download or register the App, subscribe to the Service, share data via the App's social media or communication functions, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with the App, the Service, or the Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, the Device's phone number, birthday, place of residence, username, password and other registration information (including log-in details and profile information from third party social media sites), financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph. Your content: Information you provide through our services, including your reviews, photographs, comments, social media updates and information about your friends will be used as a part of our service.
• Your communications: Communications between you and other users or merchants through our Services; your participation in a survey, poll, sweepstakes, contest or promotion scheme; your request for certain features (e.g., newsletters, updates or other products); your communication with us about employment opportunities posted to the services. We also collect information from the events and parties that you participate in. This is done with respect to our reward system and is intended to provide you better offers and increase your nightlife experience.
• Information we may collect about you and your device: Each time you visit the Site or use our App we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device's IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device's wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, time zone setting, (Device Information); details of your use of our App or the Site including, but not limited to, time spent in our partner business venues, your activity on the App and use made of our partner business offers via the App, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access (Log Information). With your participation we will also collect information about your purchases, check-ins at partner venues and other data about your nightlife journey which will be used to improve our services for you.
• Location information: Where activated and you have consented to this on your mobile device, we will use GPS location technology to determine your current location and when you have entered any of our partner business venues. We need this information from you to validate your purchases and provide you the full value that the app has to offer. Geo location-based tagging allows us to locate the best venues near you.
b. How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect from and about you for a variety of purposes, including to:
• Process and respond to your queries.
• Understand our users (what they do on our Services, what features they like, how they use them, etc.), improve the content and features of our Services (such as by personalizing content to your interests), process and complete your transactions, and make special offers.
• Tailor offers and rewards by working together with partner businesses.
• Providing our users with quality content and access to the best parties.
• Administer our Services and diagnose technical problems.
• Send you communications that you have requested or that may be of interest to you by way of emails, or courier, or registered post, or telephone calls, or any other mode of communication. We may also share your preferences or the Services availed by you with partner venues on Hammock for marketing and other promotional activities of our Service.
• Enable us to show you ads that are relevant to you.
• Generate and review reports and data about, and to conduct research on, our user base and Service usage patterns.
• Administer contests and sweepstakes.
• Send push notifications with rewards and offers that are relevant to you.
• Provide you with customer support.
• Provide you with policies about your account.
• Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
• Notify you about changes to our Services.
• Allow you to participate in interactive features offered through our Services.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-party goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data and/or adjust your user preferences in your account profile. We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers'/service providers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
3. How we share the information we collect
General Information Disclosures
• To our partner venues, sponsors and affiliates depending on the permission given by our users.
• To contractors, advertisers/service providers and other third-parties whom we use to support our business (e.g. Bars, pubs and nightclubs that host events, festivals and pub crawls) and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Hammock's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Hammock about the users of our Services are among the assets transferred.
• To third-parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to receive the promotional updates. We contractually require these third-parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
• To fulfil the purpose for which you provide it.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• Service Providers. We may share your information with outside vendors that we use for a variety of purposes, such as to send you communications via emails, messages or tele-call to inform you about our products that may be of interest to you, push notifications to your mobile device on our behalf, provide voice recognition services to process your spoken queries and questions, help us analyse use of our Services, and process and collect payments. Some of our products, services and databases are hosted by third party hosting services providers. We also may use vendors for other projects, such as conducting surveys or organizing sweepstakes for us. We may share information about you with these vendors only to enable them to perform their services.
• Social Networks. If you interact with social media features on our Services or use your social media credentials to log-in or post content, these features may collect information about your use of the Services, as well as post information about your activities on the social media service. Your interactions with social media companies are governed by their privacy policies.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Hammock, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
• Consent. We may share your information in any other circumstances where we have your consent.
• Information Shared with partner venues: Every time you buy a drink or access an offer from the venue page on the application, we notify the venue about your engagement/purchase. This allows them to understand your preferences, interests and behaviour to improve their offerings. We also share data about your transactions, purchases and other activities with them to improve our services and provide value to them. Customer analytics and data charts are provided to our partners through our engagement platform. This is a revenue stream for Hammock and we follow strict data privacy guidelines to make sure that your data is confidential and is only used for intended business operations that would benefit your experience. We do not control the privacy practices of restaurants. Please contact the restaurant directly if you want to learn about its privacy practices.
• Payment Card Information: We may require credit or debit card account information from you to make in app purchases, buying drinks or booking events with our partner venues. By submitting your credit or debit card account information through our Services, you expressly consent to the sharing of your information with venues, third-party payment processors, and other third-party service providers (including but not limited to vendors who provide fraud detection services to us and other third parties), and you further agree to the following terms:
a. When you use a credit or debit card to secure a reservation through our Sites, we provide your credit or debit card account information (including card number and expiration date) to our third-party payment service providers and the applicable venues.
4. Analytics and Tailored advertisements:
To help us better understand your use of the Services, we may use third-party web analytics on our Services, such as Google Analytics. The information collected by this technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate our users' use of the Services. We also use Google Analytics as described in the following section. To prevent Google Analytics from collecting or using your information, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser add-on.
When accessing the Services from a mobile application you may also receive tailored in-application advertisements. Each operating system: iOS, Android and Windows Phone provides its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of tailored in-application advertisements. You may review the support materials and/or the privacy settings for the respective operating systems in order to opt-out of tailored in-application advertisements. For any other devices and/or operating systems, please visit the privacy settings for the applicable device or operating system or contact the applicable platform operator. The advertisement are a part of the application experience and you can at anytime notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org to control the advertisements that you are seeing.
5. Choices about how we use and disclose your information:
6. Communication choices:
When you sign up for an account, you are opting in to receive emails/SMS and push notifications from Mine partnered venues, businesses, and Hammock itself. You can log in to manage your communication preferences and follow the "unsubscribe" instructions in commercial email messages, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative policy, service policy, or legal policy from Hammock.
7. Reviewing, changing or deleting information
If you would like to review, change or delete personal information we have collected from you, or permanently delete your account, please send us an email at email@example.com and our team will guide you through the process. You have control over the information that we store about you and at all times we make sure that we will assist you with any queries regarding data use, handling and management.
8. Accessing & correcting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to accurately record the personal information that you provide to us and any subsequent updates. We encourage you to review, update, and correct the personal information that we maintain about you, and you may request that we delete personal information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete, or irrelevant for legitimate purposes, or are being processed in a way which infringes any applicable legal requirement. Your right to review, update, correct, and delete your personal information may be limited, subject to the law of your jurisdiction:
• If your requests are abusive or unreasonably excessive,
• Where the rights or safety of another person or persons would be encroached upon, or
• If the information or material you request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between you and us, or providing access to you would prejudice negotiations between us or an investigation of possible unlawful activity. Your right to review, update, correct, and delete your information is subject to our records retention policies and applicable law, including any statutory retention requirements.
9. Security: How we protect your information
We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access to your information and to maintain data security. These safeguards take into account the sensitivity of the information that we collect, process and store and the current state of technology. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. The third-party service providers with respect to payment gateway and payment processing are all validated as compliant with the payment card industry standard (generally referred to as PCI compliant service providers).
We assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control. You play an important role in keeping your personal information secure. You should not share your user name, password, or other security information for your Hammock account with anyone. If we receive instructions using your user name and password, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions.
10. Permissible age
The Services are not intended for users under the age of 18, unless permitted under applicable local laws (Permissible Age). We do not knowingly collect any personal information from users or market to or solicit information from anyone under the Permissible Age. If we become aware that a person submitting personal information is under the Permissible Age, we will delete the account and any related information as soon as possible. If you believe we might have any information from or about a user under the Permissible Age, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Third party links and services
12. EU privacy/data protection rights
EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has provided the below rights to the EU residents: • Right to information - including contact details to the DPO, the purposes for processing Personal Information and the rights of the individual.
• Right to access the Personal Information that are processed
• Right to erasure (” Right to be forgotten”)
• Right to rectification
• Right to restriction of processing
• Right to data portability of the Personal Information supplied to Hammock by the EU resident
• Right to object (opt-out) to processing (unless Hammock otherwise has compelling legitimate grounds) EU residents can exercise these rights by raising a request directly at email@example.com or contact us at the information provided in CONTACT US section.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, which is the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, be grateful if you would contact us in the first instance so we can endeavour to deal with your concerns direct.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to help verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
13. Data retention and account termination
14. Contact us